Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Comic relief: Hanna Barbera Cartoons


This is some stuff I used to love when I was a little boy...as opposed to a mature lad of 10 when I graduated to reruns of Jonny Quest and original episodes of Space Ghost and The Herculoids. Note a "Zock the Laser Dragon" action figure from the Herculoids circa 1967 that fetched $3,400 in a geek auction a few months ago.





Of course I used to sneak a look at The Banana Splits. Can you name all four, and the hook line of their campy yet ground breaking live action mini feature, Danger Island (featuring a young Jan Michael Vincent)?

3 comments:

Chicama Vineyard said...

That is easy. I polled my 46 year old son:

The Banana Splits were Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snork.

Danger Island's hook was "Uh Oh It's Chango!"

By the way, that was the first writing and directing job for now big time Hollywood director and Oscar winner Richard Donner!

Anonymous said...

NERD ALERT!!!

Anonymous said...

SoCal 82Tiger Says:

Ok so now we know of your cartoon passions as a "yute"….

Now tell us when you grew into manhood and became enamored with Josie & The Pussycats!
:)